Insurance Customer Service Representative Job Description
Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices, and prepare invoices for returned goods.
- Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, and issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and services, to take orders or cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
- Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, and/or arrange for billing.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes, such as extreme weather conditions that could increase utility bills.
- Order tests that could determine the causes of product malfunctions.
- Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures in order to prevent future problems.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Resolve customers’ service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills.
- Review claims adjustments with dealers, examining parts claimed to be defective and approving or disapproving dealers’ claims.
- Review insurance policy terms in order to determine whether a particular loss is covered by insurance.
- Solicit sale of new or additional services or products.
No information available
Information Provided by O*NET